Silverdale Guest House Menus
Served between 8.00 a.m. and 9.00 a.m.
We can also provide a full early breakfast for those needing to catch the Uig ferry.
- Orange or pineapple juice.
- Grapefruit or prunes.
- Homemade low fat plain yoghurt.
- Assorted cereals or Porridge (plain or with cream and honey).
- Full Scottish breakfast (fried egg, bacon, tomato, sausage, mushrooms, black pudding & hash browns).
or poached or boiled organic eggs.
or scrambled egg with smoked salmon.
or smoked haddock or kipper fillets.
or smoked salmon with crowdie served with oatcakes.
or tangy dijon creamed mushrooms on toast.
- toast with local preserves.
- Teas (English breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea, or a small selection of herbal & fruit teas). Or freshly brewed coffee.
Served at 7.00 p.m. Please note: Must be booked in advance.
- Whisky mushrooms. Individual ramekin of fresh mushrooms, lightly fried in butter with a Dijon mustard, cream and white wine sauce spiked with scotch whisky, topped with breadcrumbs and baked in the oven.
- Chicken liver pate with onion marmalade served with warm oatcakes.
- Fresh shelled King Prawns served with lemon and tarragon mayonnaise.
- Oven baked Cheese and Port Pot. A double baked cheesey pudding made with Mull of Kintyre Cheddar and a hefty splash of port wine.
Main Courses: (All served with a selection of potatoes and seasonal vegetables).
- Pork Saltinbocca. Two pork lean loin chops pan fried and then topped with bacon and gently oven baked till tender in masala wine with a hint of sage.
- Chicken with Chestnuts. Strips of chicken breast pan fried in hot lemon and parsley butter with tender young baked chestnuts.
- Beef Stroganoff. Strips of best Aberdeen Angus rump steak seared on a hot skillet finished with a cream and white wine sauce spiked with a dash of brandy.
- Venison in Red Wine. Local Venison cooked long and slowly with root vegetables in a rich red wine gravy.
- Lemon Posset. A traditional old English sweet. An individual ramekin of luxurious light and refreshing lemon cream.
- Hot baked Brandy Bananas. Bananas flamed in brandy and poached in a light brandy syrup with finely chopped apricots.
- Baked Rhubarb and Ginger with cumin crumble.
Freshly brewed cafetière of coffee or a choice of Ceylon, Earl Grey or Fruit Teas.